But First an Update...Blogging consistently is much harder than one might think. I enjoy writing, but it has taken a backseat to other more pressing obligations. Not that i'm complaining though. It has been an eventful 6 months since my last post in February. In no particular order, here's a quick summary of the more significant events:
- Lost 2 fairly long-standing clients within one month of each other
- Picked up 2 brand new clients including my biggest client to date
- A potential large-scale project fell through after months of back and forth discussion
- Played 3 shows with my new musical project, Oslo Cole's Distraction (OCD)
- Went to Score-com in June and Forecastle in July
- Appeared in a political ad that ran dozens of times on local TV
- Took over the helm of the Knox Music Coalition, a local musician support and advocacy group
Phew and that's not even the half of it! Been a busy bee to say the least, but i'm pleased to report that i'm making progress! I'm building new relationships everyday and identifying new opportunities to collaborate. If the next 6 months are anything like the last 6, i'll really be in business, but hopefully find more time to blog... hopefully!
5 Tips In 5 Minutes!
I am launching a new Youtube series called 5 Tips In 5 Minutes where I will provide tips on anything from time management (of which i'm an expert?) to getting creative with leftovers. I know what you're thinking, 'You don't even have time to blog and now you're vlogging?!' Yeah i know, we'll see how long it lasts, but for now here's the first episode. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas on future topics.
BTW, I chose this topic because my older sister asked me for some organizational tips. Thanks for the inspiration, Kelly!